Tuesday 9 October 2018

Book Review: Snare by Lilja Sigurdardottir





Snare 


by 


Lilja Sigurdardottir

This was a book that I read on the back of agreeing to do a #BlogTour for Trap by Lilja Sigurdardottir. I am hosting the #BlogTour for this tomorrow (October 10th) so check back again to read the review on that. When I received Trap I found out that it was book 2 of a trilogy from this author. Due to my OCD of reading books in order I had to purchase book 1 beforehand. 

"A fantastic thriller, which you get sucked into from the start and can't let go"

Blurb:

After a messy divorce, attractive young mother Sonia is struggling to provide for herself and keep custody of her son. With her back to the wall, she resorts to smuggling cocaine into Iceland, and finds herself caught up in a ruthless criminal world. As she desperately looks for a way out of trouble, she must pit her wits against her nemesis, Bragi, a customs officer, whose years of experience frustrate her new and evermore daring strategies. Things become even more complicated when Sonia embarks on a relationship with a women, Agla. Once a high level bank executive, Agla is currently being prosecuted in the aftermath of the Icelandic financial crash.

Set in Reykjavik still covered in the dust of the Eyjafjallajökull volcanic eruption, and with a dark, fast paced and chilling plot with intriguing characters, Snare is an outstanding original and sexy Nordic crime thriller, from once of the most exciting new names in crime fiction.

Review:

This book was one of those that you get sucked straight into. Within the first couple of pages I was hooked. The words just leapt off the page at a fast rate. This I found was the same all through the book. The chapters were very short which meant you could always read "just one more" and this really helped with the speed that I read this book at. I read this book in 5 days which is fantastic for me.

The story is based around three characters. Sonia the main character, Agla & Bragi. All three are linked to each other but they all have their own problems in life to deal with. I really liked how the booked flicked between the three, sometimes it was about just one character and other times it was mixed. I loved how each character was just like me and you but when times got tough and life gave them no option they had to lead a life of crime to get through life. It was not a case of that they wanted too but more that they were forced too. That gave another edge to the story as you were always wondering if they would get caught or not. The other characters in the book were also greatly written with a lot of them being the "Baddies" that ran the underworld in Reykjavik. If you have read my blogs before you know I love the bad characters best and a book is only as good as the baddies in my opinion.

Knowing this was book 1 of a trilogy, I was trying to work out how the ending would come as I read through the book. Will it finish on a huge cliff hanger or would it leave you asking lots of questions meaning you were desperate to read the next book. I found this finished on the later which I really enjoyed, I had so many questions I wanted answering that I could not wait to read the next book. Thankfully I had it waiting and will finish this today for tomorrows #BlogTour

I do try and be honest in my reviews and if there is something I do not like I will say as this is just my thoughts and opinions but I really could not think of any for this book.

I scored this book a 5 out of 5. I really loved it. If you love thrillers I fully recommend you give this a go. I found it refreshing that it was set in Iceland and not the UK/USA.

Have you read this book? what do you think? do you agree with me or not? I would love to know so let me know.

Speak soon (tomorrow)

CBailey31

No comments:

Post a Comment