Wednesday 25 January 2017

Book Review: Pop Goes the Weasel by M.J. Arlidge





Pop Goes the Weasel

by

M.J. Arlidge

Pop Goes the Weasel is the second DI Helen Grace book in the series after the first Eeny Meeny. I read Eeny Meeny back at the beginning of 2016 and absolutely loved it. There was nothing that was going to stop me from getting this book, as the first left me wanting more. There was a little part of me that was worried that Eeny Meeny would have been a one off and this was going to be a let down. My friend Keely put these worries to bed though after she skipped ahead and read this one before me and said that I had nothing to worry about.

"DI Helen Grace is now one of my favourite characters of all time. This book is a hit and carries that dark, twisting and addictive tale that Eeny Meeny had"

PrĂ©cis (taken from the cover):

A man’s body is found in an empty house.
A gruesome memento of his murder is sent to his wife and children.

He is the first victim, and Detective Helen Grace knows he will not be the last. But why would a happily married man be this far from home in the dead of night?

The media call it Jack the Ripper in reverse: a serial killer preying on family men who lead hidden double lives.

Helen can sense the fury behind the murders. But what she cannot possibly predict is how volatile this killer is—or what is waiting for her at the end of the chase...
 

Review:

Where do I start with this book? Well...... It was amazing, I loved it. I know this is just my opinion but the story was cracking. It had me hooked from the beginning. It was one of those books that you read that you had to finish as quick as you can.

The detail of the crimes in this book were very disturbing, scary but believable. I became so engrossed that I actually feared for people. I am sure the author is a nice person but there must be a dark side to him to come up with these plot lines. It actually reminds me of one of my favourite TV shows Criminal Minds, where the "baddies" are disturbed and evil.

It was also great to see how some of the characters have been getting on since Eeny Meeny along with being introduced to a few new ones. Helen, the lead character has such a powerful presence that you wish she was a real person that you could meet. Her kick ass attitude and determination to put the bad guys away makes her stand out. DI Helen Grace is now one of my favourite characters of all time.

Is there anything I did not like about this book? only that it ended, but not to fear as book 3 in the series The Doll's House is next.

I scored this book a 5 out of 5. It was brilliant plain and simple. M.J. Arlidge is a fantastic story teller.

I would love to know how many other people have read this series and if you love them as much as me. Let me know.

Speak soon,

CBailey31



No comments:

Post a Comment