Saturday 9 January 2016

2015: Final Book Report

 
2015: Final Book Report
by
CBailey31
 
So.... 2015 is over just a quickly as it started. I hope everyone had a good new year and all is well...
 
2015 was a good year for me personally. I secured a permanent job within a department I really enjoy working, I finish a project that I started 9 years ago which makes the future brighter and when it came to reading books I read the most I have in a calendar year, which also included the largest book I have read in I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes at 914 pages long. 
 
People always ask me have you seen this film? Have you seen that film? My answer most of the time is no, sorry. Don't get me wrong I do love watching films but for me I would rather sit and read a good book. Whilst people are pre-ordering movies I am pre-ordering books. The older I get the more I feel that books are taking over all the spare time I have. Do you know what? I love that. Whilst films are very visual and tell stories, books tell stories but when it comes to the visual side of things I am the director. Yes people & places are described in a book but you could ask a 100 people to draw what they visualise and I would say that each one would be different. This is the fun part of reading for me and when you are in the reading zone nothing else matters in life as you are taken away to whatever world you are currently in.
 
Social media, especially Twitter is brilliant for book lovers. In 2015 I have followed so many people involved with books, these range from publishers, authors, editors and to all the readers and bloggers out there. There is not a week that goes by that I don't think "oooo that books sound great I must get that". This year, without Twitter I would not have been so excited about The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, Disclaimer by Renee Knight or Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig which all had a huge social media buzz about them, it was hard not to buy and read. If you love books and are not on Twitter or Google Plus I would recommend this for you. If you are on Twitter you can follow me at @CBailey31, if you like of course.
 
My favourite books of 2015:
 
These are my top 5 books I have read this year all scoring 5 out of 5. They are not in any order as I could spend a month arguing between them.
 
 
Playing Mrs. Kingston by Tony Lee Moral
 
 

Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith
 
 

 
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
 
 

 
The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick
 
 


Unlucky 13 by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
 
 
 
Target:
 
I don't normally set targets in life as I think they are a waste of time but at the start of 2015 I did set myself a little target on how many books I would read. Although I love books so much, I am not the fastest of readers at all, I know some people who have read up to a hundred books in 2015 which is crazy but cool. I set my target at 18 which is a book and a half a month and at the time thought I could push myself to do it. How did I do??? Well unfortunately I fell just short and finished the year on 14 1/2 books. The half is so important haha. I was on schedule at the end of June but  came up just short. I was gutted I did not hit this target but I am more determined to do it this year. I feel my reading has got faster so my target for 2016 is 24 books which is 2 a month. Fingers crossed.
 
2016:
 
What have I got planned for 2016? Well, books and lots of them. As stated above my target is 24 books to be read this year. Some of the books I can't wait to read are Trigger Mortis by Anthony Horowitz which is the new James Bond book, the next Cormoran Strike novel by Robert Galbraith which normally comes out around September, Love May Fail by Matthew Quick and the next book which is getting such a buzz across social media. The Widow by Fiona Barton. This a debut psychological thriller and is published on 14 January in the UK and then in February in the US. I have this on pre-order and it will be delivered this week. Keep an eye out for my review soon.
 
Guest Blogger:
 
If you like to read books and fancy doing a guest book review on my blog then please give us a shout on the contact page. You may be a blogger already, whether it be food, fashion & beauty, travel or like me, books, so why not advertise your own blog by writing a review on a book you have just read. If you have never done anything like this before but would like to give it a go then please give me a shout as well. It is great fun.
 
 
I hope everyone's 2015 was enjoyable and your 2016 is going to be even better.
 
Speak soon
 
CBailey31  



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment