Thursday 5 July 2018

2018: Half Year Book Review



2018: Half Year Book Review


July already? I know it's crazy really. The first 6 months of this year are over and only 6 more to go till 2019. This post is an update on how my first 6 months of the year have been from a reading point of view and what is in store for the rest of the year.

Firstly I hope that everyone has read some great books this year and not had too many disappointments. I have been quite lucky so far this year as I have only had one bad book which scored a 2 out of 5 (Review to come closer to the release date) and two 3 out of 5's. The rest have been 4 and 5 out of 5's.

Target:

This year I set myself a target of 26 books to read in 2018 and have used the Goodreads book challenge on their website to count these as usual. 26 to a few people might not be a lot of books, but, I am not the quickest of readers,. I am getting quicker as each new book is read though. 26 is also the highest number of books I have set myself to read in a year and having never actually reached my target (I know sorry) I set myself a big task. How am I doing? Well.... Currently I am half way between book number 15... Meaning at the half way stage I am actually above where I need to be to hit my 26 target. This has pleased me a lot, considering I have quite a lot going on in my life at the moment (I won't bore you with the details) so to be able to be where I am at the moment its a great feeling. Will I get to 26? Yes I will and I am more than determined to smash it.

#BlogTour:

 




#BlogTour is something that I had seen on social media all the time and picked up some great books from reading the blogs from other book reviewers. A #BlogTour is either a 10 day or month long tour for a book which one or two different Bloggers post each day their review of the same book. I have always wondered how you can get involved in these but never actually looked to do them. I think it is because I was never confident I would be any good at it.. But, at the start of the year I said sod it, why not? I found out how to get involved and put myself forward for these. As of today I have done four #BlogTours and loved it. I don't know why I was worried in doing them in the first place. A massive thanks goes to Anne Cater from Random Things Tours for all of her help in getting me started on these.

Top 3 so far:

My top three books that I have read so far are:



The Old You by Louise Voss




The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz



The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart  Turton

Each of these books have scored a 5 out of 5 and you can read my reviews by finding them on the tabs at the top of my blog.

The next 6 months:

What have I got planned for the rest of 2018? Well... Hit my reading target of course. I have so many books on my TBR pile like I am sure you all have as well. Some old, some new. I am going to mix it up between the two and also try and read as many genre's as possible. I am currently reading The Girlfriend by Michelle Frances and loving it.  Next up I have Do No Harm by L V Hay which will be part of my next #BlogTour so please keep an eye out for July 23rd which is when I am hosting the tour. 

Social Media:

Remember you can follow me on social media for any updates. My details are:

Twitter: - @CBailey31
Instagram: - @CBailey3103
Snapchat: - @CBailey3103


Speak soon,

CBailey31

No comments:

Post a Comment