Thursday 8 March 2018

My Favourite Women Authors




My Favourite Women Authors

Today, Thursday 08 March 2018 is International Women's Day. I thought that I would do a blog to celebrate this on some of my favourite women's authors from books that I have enjoyed reading.. When you get asked which women do you look up too, I always say my wife Dawn. She is my best friend, my hero and because of her I am able to do so many more things in my life. It is because of Dawn that I have this passion for books. When I was younger I did not really read that much and was not really encouraged too either. I saw how passionate she was towards reading and I wanted to be have that passion as well. I am hugely thankful for her for that and for so many other things as well. I have 3 young niece's, Tilly, Megan & Lily-Mae, and next month I will have another niece (currently unnamed) and I want them to be able to grow up and be & do whatever they want and not have any boundaries because of their gender. 

Favourite Women Authors:

Agatha Christie:

The Queen of the murder mystery and probably one of the most celebrated authors in the world. I have grown up with Agatha Christie whether it be film, TV or book. Because of her I now have a love for the murder mystery genre and two of my favourite characters in Miss Marple & Hercule Poirot.

J.K Rowling:

I don't know if I need to introduce who J.K Rowling is to be honest. This women has done wonders to the reading and writing world with her Harry Potter books (Go Team Slyherin). She has also done one of the greatest things anyone can do and that is to get children (and adults) to want to read. J.K Rowling is also the writer of the Cormoran Strike novels which both my wife and I love. The 4th book should hopefully (Please) be out later this year.

Martina Cole:

Martina is such a powerful writer and her books hold nothing back. If people think that the London underworld could only be written by a man then you are seriously wrong. I have so many more of Martina's books that I want to read, I just can't read fast enough..

Paula Hawkins:

Paula burst onto the scene with a debut that most authors would love to have written in The Girl on the Train. This is up there as one of my all time favourite books which had you turning the pages quicker than anything. The Girl on the Train was in the hardback charts here in the UK for over a year which is some achievement. Paula backed this up with her next novel Into the Water which again was great storytelling. I am really looking forward to what Paula does next.

Hanya Yanagihara:

I will be honest, I have only read one of Hanya's books but WOW what a book. A Little Life if a book of great storytelling which was totally brutal and left a mark on you which will never leave. This book has it's own spot in your brain and I can remember it now like I only finished reading this yesterday. I can't wait to read another book by Hanya.

Suzanne Collins:

The Hunger Games trilogy is a great set of books which I loved reading. I found a bit like J.K Rowling that once the buzz of these books was out there it got people wanting to read them. This is such a great trait as an author. I have not watched the films and probably won't as I do not want to ruin the memory of these fine books.

C.L Taylor:

C.L Taylor is fairly new to the thriller world but her books are just amazing. They are all stand alone thrillers that have you wanting more all the way to the last page. I have bought the remaining of C.L Taylors books that I have not read and can't wait to read them.

Sarah Pinborough:

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough is one of those books that when you finish you are like wooooah. Never in a million years would I ever have seen that coming. This book again is up there as one of my all time favourites and even had it's own hashtag on Twitter in #WTFThatEnding. I will now have to go and read some of Sarah's earlier books which I am looking forward to but also can't wait to read her new novel which will be out this year, which I am hearing great things about. Sarah is also one of my favourite people on Twitter to follow, she is so funny and brightens your day sometimes if you are having a bad one.

Fiona Barton: 

A bit like Paula Hawkins, Fiona's debut book The Window got great reviews and I found this to be a wonderful read. Her second book The Child is out now on paperback which I have yet to read but hearing some fantastic reviews, some even say it is better than the first. 







Women Authors books I Can't Wait to Read:

Above are some of my favourite authors that I have loved reading. There are thousands more out there that I have yet to enjoy and if only I was able to read fast enough to get through them. My to be read (TBR) pile is currently huge like I am sure everyone's are but some of the women's authors books that I can't wait to read are:

Jessie Keane:

A bit like  Martina Cole with a hard hitting approach to gang life. I have bought her book Dangerous and It sounds amazing.

Meg Gardiner:

Unsub is getting huge reviews in America, but I was unable to buy this book in the UK apart from on E-read. Thankfully in November we went to San Francisco on holiday and was able to pick this book up and bring home. This serial killer book has everything apparently and will be soon in my hands being read.

Laura Marshall:

Friend Request is a debut novel by exciting new author Laura Marshall. This has been getting rave reviews on social media and I know a few people that have read this and thought it was brilliant.

Michelle Frances:

Again, another debut novel in The Girl Friend by this author which has psychological thriller fans wanting more. I really love the sound of this book and cannot wait to read.

Please keep an eye out for these book reviews in the future. I really am excited to read them. I hope you like this little post today on International Women's Day about my favourite women authors and I hope that these women inspire you to do better things and head for the stars.

I would love to know who your favourite women authors are? Are there any of my favourites you love? Let me know yours as I am always on the look out for new books. 

Speak soon,

CBailey31

No comments:

Post a Comment