Sunday 17 December 2017

Book Review: They All Fall Down by Tammy Cohen




They All Fall Down 

by

Tammy Cohen

I was sent this book from Alison Barrow (@alisonbarrow) of Transworld Books for a read and honest review, so firstly I need to give a huge thanks to Alison for this. I have been aware of Tammy Cohen but I have never read one of her books before so I had no knowledge of her style of writing before I started.

" A cracking psychological thriller where everyone is a suspect"

Précis (taken from the cover):

She knows there’s a killer on the loose.
But no-one believes her.
Will she be next?

Hannah had a normal life – a loving husband, a good job. Until she did something shocking.

Now she’s in a psychiatric clinic. It should be a safe place. But patients keep dying.

The doctors say it’s suicide. Hannah knows they’re lying.

Can she make anyone believe her before the killer strikes again?


Review:

When I received this book from Alison I was so excited to read it. Books, and films for that matter that are set in a psychiatric clinic's tend to be really good but very dark. This book had you hooked on the very first page, someone had died and someone else was very frightened. What more do you want from page 1. I find there is nothing worse than a book that starts off very slow and nothing really happens. The pages turned at a fast pace and the writing was very easy to pick up. I loved how each chapter swapped narrators which meant that you got to read different views of so many different characters. What were they at the clinic for? What relationship did they have with other people and what was going on in their mind added to the mystery of who the killer was. Because of this you changed your mind on a regular basis as you were trying to figure it out. I am sure at one point I had thought it was every character at least once.  The story itself was brilliant, in a way there were two stories you followed, the first of course was who is the killer and secondly what had Hannah done to get herself in the clinic. This was kept secret till towards the last part as well.

The characters were really good and interesting, from the patients to the carers and nurses that worked at the clinic. Each patient had their own reasoning for being there which of course can be very dark and alarming but also can make for brilliant reading. I Thought Tammy did very well with these characters which made the book as good as it was.

Was there anything I did not like about this book? No, nothing really. I was a huge fan of this book and can't say there was anything which I would have changed.

As we are now entering the winter month's and the cold weather starts to kick in (Depending where you live of course) I would recommend this book to anyone who loves psychological thriller's. Switch the TV off, put the fire on and curl up on the sofa with a drink and some chocolate and get lost in this wonderful book. This book would also make a cracking Christmas present.

I scored this book a 5 out of 5. I loved it and so glad that because of Alison, I have now been introduced to Tammy Cohen. I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future.

Have you read this? what do you think? do you agree with me or not? Let me know...

Speak soon

CBailey31


No comments:

Post a Comment