Friday 30 June 2017

Book Review: Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough



Behind Her Eyes

by

Sarah Pinborough

I will be honest. I had never heard of Sarah Pinborough before but Behind Her Eyes was one of those books that had a real buzz about it on social media. I then came across it in my local bookstore and just had to buy it. It sounded so good.

"An excellent story with an outrageously brilliant ending you will never get"

PrĂ©cis (taken from the cover):

David and Adele seem like the ideal pair. He's a successful psychiatrist, she is his picture-perfect wife who adores him. But why is he so controlling? And why is she keeping things hidden?

As Louise, David's new secretary, is drawn into their world, she uncovers more puzzling questions than answers. The only thing that is crystal clear is that something in this marriage is very, very wrong. But Louise can't guess how wrong – and how far someone might go to protect their marriage's secrets.


Review:

This book started well and got straight into it. I liked how it was written, each chapter either set in the past or in present day and by a different character. You were only a few chapters in and your mind was starting to think already. What has happened? Who is she? Because of this, and how the book was written throughout, it made the pages turn at a very fast rate. You were hooked and just needed to know what was happening next. Another reason for it being so addictive was most of the chapters finished on a cliff hanger which meant you were not allowed to go to sleep yet and had to carry on. I finished this book in a week. I am not the fastest reader and normally read around 2 books a month. This shows how good it was.

The characters in this book were greatly written, easy to understand and fun to read about. I found them to be believable. You probably know someone like these characters in real life. However the question you have to ask yourself all the time is how well do you really know someone? You never know what goes on behind closed doors at all. This is the best way to approach the people in this book as well as in real life.

The ending........ What can I say? Apart from WOW.... You will never get it. It was outrageously brilliant and made me shout what the F*** out loud at the end. To show how great this ending was, it had it's own hashtag on Twitter. #WTFThatEnding was trending not long after this book was released. At one point I thought I had it, in fact I was convinced I had. I am sure a lot of people who have read this book were the same and like them I failed miserably. Am I telling you what happens? ermmmm no... Sorry, I am not allowed shhhhhhh.

Was there anything I did not like about this book? Nope, nothing at all. I loved it.

As June ends & July starts, it is the start of holiday season for a lot of people. I know a lot of people will only read on holiday, as they don't normally have time, but if you are going on holiday and want something to read then I fully recommend this for you. However please make sure you put your sun tan lotion on as before you know it, you could be burnt to a crisp.

Sarah Pinborough not only writes a great book but is also one of my favourite people to follow at the moment on Twitter. She makes me laugh a lot and you get to find out a lot about Ted the dog.

I scored this book a 5 out of 5. I will definitely be reading more books by Sarah Pinborough. Fingers crossed it is not just a one off, but I have a feeling it is not.

Have you read this book? What do you think? Do you agree with me or not? Let me know....

Speak soon,

CBailey31



No comments:

Post a Comment