Tuesday 3 January 2017

2016: Final Book Report


2016: Final Book Report

by

CBailey31


So..... 2016 has come and gone. I know we always say that the older you get the quicker the years go, but this year has flown by. I wish everyone a happy new year and hope that 2017 is good to you.

Just looking at our bookcase and can honestly say that there are a lot more books there than at the start of 2016, and that is even with us donating a load of books to our local charity shop. This is not a bad thing though as both myself and my wife love to read.

2016 was a very busy year for myself personally meaning I did not have as much time to read as I wanted. I set myself a target of 24 books. I fell just short of this. 24 may not seem a lot, to a lot of people, as I know there are people that read 100+ books a year, but 24 was a good number for me and would have been the most I have read in one year. I still have a few book reviews to write from my 2016 reads and these shall be up in the next few weeks. 2017 is going to be another busy & enjoyable year for me but in a different way, which will mean I will have more time for reading. How did you all get on with your reading in 2016? Did you set yourself a target? did you hit yours? let me know.

Can I just say thank you to everyone who has read one of my book reviews this past year. I hope you find them enjoyable and informative. I can't believe I have nearly 5000 hits on my blog. I must also say a huge thank you to authors Guy Portman & Tony Lee Moral who both sent me their books in 2016 to read & review for them. I enjoyed them both. You can read about Symbiosis & Ghost Maven on the links in "My Book Reviews" at the top of my blog. If you are an author and would like me to read and review one of your books then please contact me and I will love to do this for you.  

My Top 5 Books of 2016:

I have been really lucky and enjoyed all the books that I read in 2016 with my lowest score being 4 out of 5. Here are my top 5 books that I read in 2016. These are in no order.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline


A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara


Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen


Star Wars Battlefront - Twilight Company by Alexander Freed



Pop Goes the Weasel by M.J. Arlidge


2017:

Like I said before, I will have more time for reading in 2017. I have again been on to Goodreads.com and set my reading challenge as 24. I believe that I will hit this, this year. I have had a good start as I started to read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon on Sunday and I am already 3/4 of the way through this.

I will be having an Alex Cross (James Patterson) catch up this year buy reading the next three or four in the series. I also have the highly rated Mr Mercedes trilogy by Stephen King to read which I am looking forward too. Also this year we hopefully will be getting the 4th Cormoran Strike novel by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) after not releasing one in 2016. My wife & I normally fight over who is going to read the book first and I am hopefully going to win this year having lost the previous two.

What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017? is there anything that stands out? Have you set your 2017 target yet? I would love to know what other readers are doing.

Remember I am active on Twitter (@CBailey31) Instagram (@CBailey3103) & Snapchat (CBailey3103) if you fancy giving me a follow to talk books.

Thank you again.

Speak soon,

CBailey31












No comments:

Post a Comment