Tuesday 13 September 2016

September Already???


September Already

So...... This week we are already half way through September. I know we say this every year but this year is really flying by and its quite scary. It actually does feel like it was only April the other week.

I would like to apologise for my lack of blogging this year. I was surprised when I signed in and found my last blog was way back in February. I am pleased to say that I will be blogging a lot more regularly from now. 2016 has been a very busy year for me personally and I have literally not had any time for it at all. I have however had time to read although not as much as I would have liked too.

Over the next couple of weeks I will be catching up with all the book reviews from the books I have read which will include:

Trigger Mortis by Anthony Horowitz
The Widow by Fiona Barton
Star Wars Battlefront Twilight Company by Alexander Freed
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
There's Only Two David Beckhams by John O'Farrell
Pop Goes the Weasel by M.J.Arlidge
The Doll's House by M.J.Arlidge
The Alchemist Secret by Scott Mariani

Once I have got round to writing all of these blogs I will also have finished reading my big summer read A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara which is very dark yet addictive.

Year target:

At the start of the year I set myself a 2016 reading challenge on www.goodreads.com of 24 books. I know to a lot of readers this is not that much but for me it will be the most I have read in a year if I hit it. How am I doing? Well I am a little behind at the moment. I have completed 10 plus I am over half way in my latest book. Now I have more time on my hand I will be pushing myself for the remaining 3 1/2 months of the year to try and hit my target.

Books to read:

Like most of you I have around 50 books on my shelf unread. I then make it worse every time I walk by a book shop. I can't help but go in and always come out with a few more to add to the collection.

For the remainder of the year I am looking forward to reading some of the following books I have selected to read next:

15th Affair by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
Love May Fail by Matthew Quick
The Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah
Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen (out this month)
Mr Mercedes & Finders Keepers by Stephen King

How has everyone else's reading year been going? did you set yourself a target? What has been some of the best books you have read this year? Let me know.

Thank you again to everyone who has read one of my blogs I really do appreciate it and I promise I will never leave it this long again.

Speak soon

CBailey31


No comments:

Post a Comment